Saturday, December 12, 2009

Getting Ready for the New Year

It's still December - but, January's coming! Are you ready?

Take a few minutes to read this blog post by Tim Challies. It is his encouragement to begin (with intentionality) the New Year with a commitment to strengthening your devotional life. He concludes the blog post with a list of devotional books for you to consider for 2010 - and it's not too late to order them online for delivery by January 1 - but don't delay!

As we all know, we cannot give to our students what we do not possess ourselves - academically and spiritually! You are always (ok, mostly always) prepared for the academic "demands" of your students and classroom. The question - are you equally (or better) prepared to be the spiritual leader of your students!

From Tim Challies:
The end of the year is drawing close and, if you're like me, you're already beginning to think about what you'll do differently (and, hopefully, better) next year. When it comes to my daily devotions, I've been thinking about putting myself on some kind of a reading plan. I have only rarely done those in the past and don't know that I've ever really stuck with one all the way through to December. But next year I think I will give it a go. I have also been thinking about daily devotionals--something I could read either by myself or with the family. I've drawn up a list of a few notable devotionals. There are hundreds available so this is represents a drop in the proverbial bucket. But I think if you are considering a devotional, you are likely to find at least one here that would appeal. Do let me know if you know of others that would be worth investigating.

No comments:

Post a Comment